GGDI is a 501C-3, tax exempt, private not-for-profit organization. With 32 board members representing all sectors of our community, we act as a team to ensure the best quality of life and growth potential in Gratiot County. GGDI works closely with Gratiot County municipalities, agriculture, finance, education, and the private sector.
GGDI administers the following corporations, each having a separate board membership structure:
- The Brownfield Redevelopment Authority of the County of Gratiot
- The Economic Development Corporation of the County of Gratiot
- The Hospital Finance Authority of the County of Gratiot
Overview of Greater Gratiot Development, Inc.
A Holistic Approach to Community Development
Operating as a public/private partnership, GGDI is recognized for participating in and initiating collaborative relationships.
Greater Gratiot Development, Inc. (GGDI) is a private non-profit 501(c)3 organization. GGDI was incorporated in 1978 to coordinate economic development and related services on behalf of the area municipalities and the County of Gratiot. GGDI acts as a countywide clearinghouse for information and assistance in the retention, expansion, and location of businesses in Gratiot County. GGDI program and administrative activities are partially funded by a countywide millage.
This holistic approach to community development results in many affiliations and partnerships including:
- Gratiot Area Chamber of Commerce
- East Central Michigan Planning & Development Region
- Michigan Small Business Development Center
- Gratiot County Strategic Planning Committee
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Michigan Economic Developers Association
- Michigan Certified Development Company
- Alma Industrial Development
- Central Area Michigan Works! Workforce Investment Board